Saturday, May 19, 2007

Vida e Caffe, All of them

The Mc donalds of coffee in Cape Town if not already South Africa. The weather being grey today I am sure that every Vida is spilling with people. They are the hype, the place to be seen, the high fiving of the customers and the staff. Only at Vida are we a merry band of brothers. But can they make a coffee..............my coffee of choice being a cappuccino...which is a 1/3 of all the ingredients (espresso/milk/froth) ....here i feel they cannot ....if I wanted an espresso topped with froth I would ask for a macchiato........but then froth is what Vida is about.....but as I wrote earlier they have the hype and unfortunately most South Africans have an American mentality........so if you put something into a fast food scenario they lap it up.....and also as Vida likes to presume that they are Portuguese by name......then I would like them to make real Pastei Da Nata or at least look the ingredients up.........let me give you a hint............. nata is cream...not milk............so whatever is in their Pastei Da Nata is a disgrace.........but if I am at the waterfront, canal walk or cavendish do I go to Vida...yes....but why.............because the competition sucks...but I don't eat the Pastei Da Nata and if the cappuccino is rubbish which it generally is I send it back.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vida's Cappucino really does suck, I normally have the meie de leite (sp?) which has more coffee and less foam.

Anonymous said...

pastel de nata is a custard tart. the porras never use cream to make them... and by the way a cappuccino is meant to be 2/3 foam... wiseass

food for you said...

anonymous you are obviously a dick head. Why don't you google cuppaccino and numb nut, nata translated from portuguese is cream, but maybe you can only produce custard