Sunday, May 20, 2007

Peppenero, Moulle Point

The afternoon that I went to this establishment their pizza oven was not fired up as the waiter explained to me…..I was going to have a prawn pizza but only those lucky enough to have gone there subsequent to me will know if it is good or not……My eating companions had a chicken salad, the chicken being slightly underdone……my other companion had a caprese salad …….not worth mentioning……the reasons for the salads being ordered was because it was a hot summers day….I had a bolognese which was served warm….and this you will find out is my ultimate hate……….dozy overbearing waiters carrying plates to the table with tea towels and telling you to be careful because the plate is hot…….and the food you imbecile did the kitchen forget………did you not see……. no steam….good visual sign….anyway my warm Bolognese was dismal...I was later told …they have recently opened…… teething problems……by the same person who recommended that I go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is an splendid venue with average, average food. The prices are very steep for the average food.

Anonymous said...

Our hotel recommended Pepenero. I read this blog review and almost canceled. But I'm glad we went. We had a fabulous dining experience. Each of the five us had three courses and every one was perfect and extremely reasonably priced. Our waiter, John, was one of the most attentive ever and extremely knowledgeable on both food and wine. We'll likely go back at least one more time during our week in Cape Town.