Monday, June 25, 2007

Nelsons Eye, Hof Street

This was my second visit...my firstbeing six years ago....the only thing that has changed is the smell...it reminds me more of an old age home sort of smell.....mothballish. Was the food good....well what can I say steak is steak is steak......could be more flavoursome...the accompanying packet spinach and sugar sweetened pumpkin is old school.......very old school....I agree retro is back but imagination at Nelsons Eye is lacking.........Dutch friends of mine said that they make chips the way they like them........now I know to burn them just like Nelsons Eye the next time I cook for them......oh one more thing.......the prices are whacked......R42 for a soup..R64 for a salad.....and R45 for a creme brule......that's when I decided eat dessert here or go to the Engen around the corner.......needless to say the Engen won.......overall what did I think of the Nelsons Eye.....maybe I'll return in six years to see if it smells different

No comments: