Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Bukhara, Cape Town

Lamb at Bukhara costs R940 a kilo.......the portion that i received was no more than a 100grams for R94....plus i had to pay for the rice.........I spent 3 months in India...from Mumbai down to Goa...Hampi...Kerala...Agra...Delhi...and numerous other cities.......so my standard for indian food will always relate to my experiences in India........I always find a problem with the price of Asian food in Western Countries and the portions are to small........and the food is never hot....never ever hot.......always tepid from standing in bain maries.....anyway back to Bukhara where lamb costs a mere R940 a kilo and where my compatriots make a meal of there complimentary poppadoms...for goodness sake it is a couple of bites and over......but no they make a ritual of it.....smearing it with the accompanying sauces and spending a half an hour eating it.....My lamb was tepid and overpriced...the rice was equally tepid and my nans were cold........I've eaten better curry bunnies in Durban that were tastier and far better priced....Please please Cape Town find restaurants where the food is served with love and the pricing is fair......not these over priced over rated ripoff restaurants

No comments: