Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Five Flies, Keerom Street

I'm beginning to wonder if there are any restaurants in Cape Town that can live up to their supposed reputations. I found the food at Five Flies to be bland.......I have eaten food in pubs that have a similar style but yet tasted a thousand times better. I had a smoked salmon starter...which a chef cannot really mess up because all the chef does is plate it......my T bone was bland...bland ....bland.....the so called cream based sauce did not exist.......I tasted my partners lamb which was tender but tasteless and the watery lumpy mash that accompanied it was disgusting....my creme Brule was better than the savoy cabbage......but was it from a packet??............please......please can someone direct me to a good restaurant.............and what is it with waiters holding pepper grinders over you as if black pepper is a rare commodity.....all i can say is w t f!!!!!!!

No comments: